Call Innisfil WETT Inspections for Wood Stove, Fireplace and Pellet Stoves
To ensure your families safety, wood burning appliances must be installed to required installation codes and safety standards established by government and the wood-heating industry. To ensure these installations are in compliance, they need to be inspected by a WETT certified inspector. Wood Energy Technology Transfer (WETT) is the authority on all solid fuel burning appliances in Canada.
If you use a wood burning appliance in your home, such as a wood stove, wood-fired furnace, pellet stove or wood-burning fireplace, and never had it WETT inspected, you should arrange for a WETT inspection for your own safety. Most insurance companies will also require you to obtain a WETT inspection on a new installation, on an existing installation that has undergone a modification, or when you purchase a home equipped with a wood burning appliance.
If you require a WETT Certified Inspection a call and we’ll be happy to schedule you in for a WETT inspection or just answer any questions you may have.
Our WETT inspection is conducted according to the protocols established by WETT and includes:
- Assessing the condition of the appliance, chimney, and flue pipe;
- Checking for proper appliance and chimney installation and venting;
- Verifying clearances around the appliance, flue pipe and visible chimney components; and,
- Assessing hearth and floor protection.
Here are just some of the typical items that are checked during a typical WETT Inspection on a woodstove, fireplace or pellet stove:
- Chimney & Cap
- Chimney Liner or Flue Tiles
- Smoke Chamber
- Wood Stove or Fireplace Damper
- Firebox & Firebricks/Linings
- Hearth & Floor Protection
- Mantle & Clearances to Combustible Walls & Ceilings
- Heat Shield Construction for Reduced Clearances
- Proper Flue Pipe Installation & Venting
- Clearance to Combustible Exterior Items
- Chimney Foundations & Masonry
- Overall Condition of the Woodstove, Fireplace and its Chimney
Results will be reviewed upon completion of the inspection and a WETT inspection report will be provided at that time.
Call Roger at 705-795-8255
Toll Free – 888-818-8608